This podcast runs for 16'24 and as always you can download it and listen on your devices or in the car. [powerpress]
I first shared the launch of this product with you back in April when the Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q was first announced.
Convergent Design have been making some awesome products for over 4 years now. We used the Nano Flash to record the Duran Duran Show and they were very reliable and allowed us to record the higher bit rates that HD Broadcast Specifications required.
In this episode I ask Mike Schell to talk us through the groundbreaking Odyssey 7Q a 7"OLED monitor with a media recorder built in.
I'm also joined by DP and technical Guru Alister Chapman (Alister was the technical director of the Duran Duran show) Alister also runs a very insightful blog at www.xdcam-user.com
In this interview Mike explains the features of the Odyssey 7Q while Alister (a long time user of Convergent design products) helps us to understand the likely applications for this product.
- 1:30 Talking through where the Odyssey 7Q is and what it does.
- 4:05 Alister Chapman’s relationship with Convergence Design products and experiences.
- 6:00 The functionality of the Odyssey 7Q
- 7:15 Why people have to use Convergence Design SSD and not a third party option.
- 8:30 How important is robustness of media to you – Alister Chapman
- 9:45 Walking through the on screen controls of the Odyssey 7Q.
- 14:20 What inputs can we get on the 7Q?
- 15:15 Power requirements of this unit.
- 15:50 Q for Alister – As a user, why are you so interested on this unit?
For further information check out the Convergent Design Website www.convergentdesign.com
And to read the original blog post you can see that here [Blog Post]4K recording for NEX-FS700
There's also a post where I tested S-LOG 2 check that out here http://www.fstopacademy.com/blog/s-log-2-footage-from-sony-fs700-nex-fs700/
[3 Reports Red]