I've just released the first episode of a brand new poscast series called "Industry Insights" I'm thrilled that I will be joined by Bruce Logan , ASC and Mick Jones
We all met in February this year at the Revenge of the Great Camera Shootout in Chicago. During this time and subsequently we began discussing the broad range of different filming experiences we all share and so decided to record some conversations and we wanted to share this with you.
In this first episode we ask are there any short cuts to success as a film maker?
All the technology is now good enough so what is stopping aspiring film makers from producing amazing content? In this first podcast we also explore:
- The culture of “wanting and waiting”
- How important is the camera?
- Is Film Making the new rock and roll?
- Does Social Media build your business?
- The power of people and collaboration.
- Story boards or shortlists – what are the pro’s and cons of each?
- The importance of making mistakes.
- Insights from the Set of Star Wars and George Lucas planning sequences
- The important of meticulous planning before going on set.
- The secret to having the ‘creative edge’ and avoiding ‘Safe’
- Professionalism and what does it mean.